1. Anyone can recommend deserving New Jerseyans at any time, year round. Public recommendations will be taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining the top 100 nominees. Click here to recommend a worthy New Jerseyan.
2. The selection committee determines a list of 100 potential nominees by March 10.
3. The NJ Hall of Fame Academy narrows the master list down to 50 on or about April 1.
4. The public is invited to vote on the final nominations from April 18th to May 19th.
5. The individual receiving the most votes in each category will be inducted at a subsequent ceremony following approval of the Board.
6. The Board determines the list of inductees for each year and inductees are announced around mid-July.
7. Honorees will formally be inducted in a red carpet ceremony in October.
NOTE: Official induction into the New Jersey Hall of Fame is contingent upon the honoree formally accepting the honor at the Red Carpet Induction Ceremony within three years of the original induction. In the case of a deceased nominee, a representative would be required to attend in their place. As of 2017, Inductees must formally accept their honor in order to be included in the permanent NJHOF Museum. The Board reserves the right to remove an inductee who it no longer deems worthy of the honor.