1. Residents of New Jersey are invited to recommend deserving New Jerseyans at any time, year round. Public recommendations will be taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining the top 100 nominees. Click here to recommend a worthy New Jerseyan.
2. The selection committee determines a list of 100 potential nominees by October 1.
3. The NJ Hall of Fame Academy narrows the master list down to 50 on or about November 1.
4. The public is invited to vote on the final nominations from on or about November 15 through December 5.
5. The individual receiving the most votes in each category are automatically inducted.
6. The Board will then deliberate to determine who else should be inducted for that given year.
7. Voting closes and inductees are announced in the spring.
8. Honorees will be formally inducted in a red carpet ceremony on Sunday, October 27th at the Paramount Theatre in Asbury Park. Tickets are now sold out. Click here to learn more about sponsorships for the induction ceremony.
NOTE: Official induction into the New Jersey Hall of Fame is contingent upon the honoree formally accepting the honor at the Red Carpet Induction Ceremony within three years of the original induction. In the case of a deceased nominee, a representative would be required to attend in their place. As of 2017, Inductees must formally accept their honor in order to be included in the permanent NJHOF Museum.