Tickets on sale March 22 for 10th annual induction gala in Asbury Park
Soccer superstar Carli Lloyd is to be inducted by New Jersey Hall of Fame at its 10th annual ceremony Sunday, May 6, at the Paramount Theatre on the famed Jersey Shore boardwalk.
A native of Delran in Burlington County and a former Rutgers star, Lloyd will join 16 other standouts on stage at the 10th Annual Induction Ceremony. She previously was selected for induction but was unable to attend that year. Thus, Lloyd will be so honored this time.
Tickets, ranging from $35 to $100 each, go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 22.
All living inductees are scheduled to attend the ceremony at the Paramount, which is part of the Asbury Park Convention Hall complex. Musician Tommy James, who was inducted last year, is slated to perform May 6.
“The NJHOF 10th anniversary induction ceremony is shaping up to be our most exciting ceremony yet,” says Steve Edwards, New Jersey Hall of Fame president. “We look forward to honoring 17 more distinguished New Jerseyans who have reached the pinnacle of their respective fields.”
The NJHOF inductees to be honored at the 10th annual induction ceremony are:
- ARTS & LETTERS: Author Harlan Coben, author/journalist Anna Quindlen.
- ENTERPRISE: Real estate executive Jon Hanson, publishing executive Steve Forbes, businessman Joe Buckelew, celebrity chef Cake Boss Buddy Valastro.
- PERFORMING ARTS: Musician/actor Steven Van Zandt, The Four Seasons, including Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito, Nick Massi and Joe Long; singer Gloria Gaynor, singer-songwriter Debbie Harry of the band Blondie.
- PUBLIC SERVICE: Astronauts Mark and Scott Kelly, nurse Clara Maass, politician Millicent Fenwick.
- SPORTS: Former Major League Baseball pitcher Al Leiter, soccer’s Carli Lloyd.
- UNSUNG HERO: To be announced in April.